Monday, April 6, 2009

Harper is Anti-Nap

Harper has formed his first opinion. He is decidedly anti-nap. Harper is very vocal about his new views and will tell anyone who wants to listen (and anyone within earshot) what he thinks about napping. His new anti-nap stance is very bizarre to Frank and I. Frank, as most of us know, is a big fan of the "re-group" (ie. nap). I've never outwardly proclaimed my love for naps but, since I fell asleep at a stoplight the other day, maybe I'm a closet nap lover.

Getting Harper to nap during the day has been a challenge but otherwise he is doing really well. We go in for his two-month check-up on Friday. He'll get his first round of vaccines then so I'm already mentally preparing myself for the trauma. We'll also find our how much he weighs. Since I have to grunt every time I lift him, I think he's put on a decent amount of chunk. So I'm guessing he's around 13 lbs.

Harper is starting to coo and make noises other than crying. Its not a consistent babble yet but it does seem to happen occasionally in response to people talking to him or around him. We're heading into a fun time I think. Of course, I'll be heading back to work in another week so I'm going to start missing everything. Luckily, the grandparents will be taking care of Harper so we'll be getting accurate reports about his progress!

We took Harper to Meridian Park yesterday to listen to the drummers. We hoped that he'd be really stimulated by all the interesting people and music but he slept through the first half. Or at least he pretended to. We think Harper is like a possum when we go outside. He pretends to be asleep to be sure everything is ok, then he'll crack one of his eyes to check things out before committing to being fully awake. He woke up for a little of trip though but he was more interested in the sky than anything else. Pictures below!
Frank used the carrier for the first time during our visit to the park.


Harper "the anti-napper" playing possum in front of the drummers.

No comments: